[Spridgets] ***Re: recover DVD - no LBC***

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 16 07:21:36 MDT 2007

Much thanks to all who offered suggestions and to the individual who offered to look at the disk for me.

Much to my amazement, I was able to recover the video, sort of.

I downloaded a shareware utility (http://www.isobuster.com/cdrecovery.php) and it was able to see the disk, sort of.  Then I asked it to search for lost files and it found two six hundred and some mb files and ... the free trial was clipped of extract functionality ... so I paid the thirty and a bit dollars ... and much to my pleasant surprise, I had a video.  But it didn't work quite right.  Their tips and tricks suggested running the video through some other software (VideoReDo).  Got the trial version.  Ran the 2 videos through it and I now have the videos in a state that my own software can recognize.  The audio is out of sync with the video, but I can make that better.

Robert D.

The couple who became the bride and groom can be seen here: http://www.subpop.com/artists/handsome_furs