[Spits] High back Spitfire seat

Nick Moseley nmoseley at telus.net
Wed Feb 19 11:09:32 MST 2014

If it were my friend, I would counsel against removing the headrests. With
no headrests, in the event of an accident there is a much higher likelihood
of severe damage to the neck and back, or even death. This applies equally
to the passenger as well as the driver of a car without headrests.
We need to keep as many Spit drivers (and their loved ones) as possible to
keep the hobby alive. We may not be able to retrofit crush zones and
airbags, but at least we should be able to advise against removal of the
basic safety items that exist in our cars.
Sorry that doesn't answer your question directly, but it is an honest,
accurate response.
Regards,
Nick Moseley

database 9444 (20140219) __________