[Spits] Emailing: 80 Spit engine + clean out camera 110

rdambra1 at rochester.rr.com rdambra1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 2 12:53:57 MDT 2008

Thanks Nick, it does help. I'm mounting straight to the block itself, no rear engine plate is on it. I'm starting a restoration and I'm a little apprehensive of the small bolt diameter that will go into the block casting. I have fears that the whole thing will break. I'm also using a cheap "Harbor Freight " type engine stand. The hardware that comes with it is obviously meant to be used with big American car type engines. The metal tubes that came with it are also fairly large in diameter, so I'll probably will just add some washers to distribute the weight over a larger surface area. I'm not sure if I'll even use the large metal plates that came with it. Maybe I can bolt the block directly to the "spider" bar, which then slips into the stand's hole.
thanks,
Bob Dambrauskas