[Spits] Emailing: 80 Spit engine + clean out camera 110

Bill Gingerich bill at gingerich.us
Tue Sep 2 20:34:00 MDT 2008

>From my experience, I wouldn't worry.  When I rebuilt my 1500 engine in
2002, I used a generic 3 wheeled engine stand.  I also used standard fine
thread bolts (with 3 washers under each head) from the hardware store to
hold the engine on the stand.  I saw absolutely no issues with strength of
the bolts.

My stand didn't have any plates on the 4 bars that attached to the rotating
spindle section that goes into the stand.  It took a bit of fiddling around
before I got the positioning right.  The block was not well centered on the
spindle, but it worked OK.  The biggest issue was rotating the block in the
stand with the out of balance situation.

I'll see if I have a picture to send you off line.

BillG
Newalla, OK