[Spits] Spitfire Header

Jim Holmgren jholmgren at advertising.com
Sat Aug 18 08:19:05 MDT 2007

I bought the European spec Tri-Y exhaust header from John Esposito at Quantum
Mechanics.  It was OEM to the European Spits and works/fits very nicely, plus
it is cast iron and I'm told not nearly as prone to cracking as the stock US
exhaust manifold.   Warning:  This will NOT work with the single Stromberg
carb setup without significant modification to the water jacket - ask me how I
know.  :)

I will fit the 1500 and the 8-port 1300's.  For $150 + shipping, IMO can't be
beat, especially if you are running dual carbs!
http://www.quantumechanics.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=5

Otherwise, I'd go with Ted - I bought my twin-HS4 carbs from him (among other
things).  :)

Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500
'68 Spitfire Mk3