[Spits] Tire Pressure

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat Aug 4 16:16:00 MDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I finally got new tires for the Spitfire - Sumitomo HTR 200.    A couple
of people recommend these tires to me.

I am pretty impressed so far, though I haven't driven very far yet. I am
curious as to what tire pressure I should use.  I know the pressure for
the original tires was  21 front/ 26 rear.  The tire shop put 30
front/30 rear.  I was thinking of trying 25 front/30 rear which would
maintain the 5 pound difference between the front and rear.

So out of curiosity what is everyone running in their tires?

This is on a 1980 Spit 175/70 13 inch tires.

Thanks,
Roger
1980 Spitfire