[Spits] Control Box (Voltage Regulator) for Spitfire MK3 (1970)

Paul-Ernest Lévesque pelevesque at globetrotter.net
Sat Aug 4 05:46:19 MDT 2007

The contact point look pitted on my genuine Lucas Control Box so I order one at Spitbits and installed it, end result for short story, the cut-off relay did not operate properly and the generator was completely cook finish (burned) after the first ride. The paint above the generator inside the bonnet was burn by heat.

I hear that Lucas do not make the original control box anymore, I bought a new generator and install it but how can I get a good working and quality control box. I am afraid to cook another generator again with a cheap control box. Anyone know were I could find a dependable control box.

Thank you

Paul-Ernest