[Shop-talk] Car pulls left

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Fri Mar 25 05:40:47 MDT 2022

> On Mar 24, 2022, at 11:05 PM, David Scheidt <dmscheidt at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Take it to a body shop, I'd bet it's been crashed, and poorly repaired.

Perhaps, however, even if the car was crushed into a ball and unfolded, as long as the wheels are in alignment, it shouldn't matter, right? The wheels are 4 independent points in space, which the alignment machine measures. It's not like things are fine when pointed straight but go to hell when I turn the wheel - it's when pointed straight that something puts a torque into the steering.

What I'm searching for is a way that the alignment numbers would read in spec but something is still putting a force on the system.

jim