[Shop-talk] Shipping an engine from UK to US

neiljsherry at talktalk.net neiljsherry at talktalk.net
Tue Mar 2 00:31:39 MST 2021

I sent an MGB gearbox from UK to Finland last year - UPS worked out best for that.
My guess is that this engine would be around 250kg - possibly up to 300 - so considerably more. Quick search of http://www.p4d.co.uk/ gives around £600 for a half pallet (up to 500kg) - I have no experience of this company, so you would need to get it checked - and see if seller could drop the engine on a pallet...
Neil