[Shop-talk] Quick welding question- It's ok to use an 100% argon tank on it's side, correct?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri May 8 07:36:12 MDT 2020

 From the textbook used in my JC welding class, 'Modern Welding,' 11th
Edition:

"Gas cylinders should always be stored and used in an upright position."

No explanation given, but it was in safety-related text printed in red.
I wouldn't be comfortable using the bottle laying flat; if nothing else
the pressure and flow gauges--esp. the 'bubble' type flowmeter--may have
issues.

Bob