[Shop-talk] I need IPhone 6s help

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue Feb 4 06:46:42 MST 2020

John, do you have an Apple Genius Bar nearby? They have been able to fix my 6s software problems @ no charge. Last week’s updates bricked my phone. On line help didn’t help but a trip to the Genius Bar did. Just back up everything before you go.

Shop content: I use my phone to listen to music while I build my shop.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

> On Feb 4, 2020, at 6:54 AM, john niolon via Shop-talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

I need IPhone help
Phone is an IPhone 6s
16 gb memory

The phone started telling me I was out of storage space  15.5 of 16 gig used
I moved my pictures to the cloud and deleted a few unused apps.. with no reduction in
Memory used.

I tried deleting apps and reinstalling them as one web page suggested with no change
Somewhere there must be a way to find out why it’s full and how to clear it, right ??
Apps I have
Spotify                 6.73gb
F’book                  256 mb
Messenger          156 mb
Local weather    92 mb
Chrome                88 mb
Verizon cloud     84 mb
Calculator           36 mb
Mail                      21 mb
Safari                    32 mb
Google                 15 mb
I cloud drive`        5 mb
Contacts              4 mb
Calendar              4 mb
Probably another 8-10 with less than 1 mb each

all this adds up to maybe 9-10 gb.  One local “computer fixer”  said I had to completely clear the phone and reinstall the software (for 65 bucks)  Surely there is a better way (less $$$)

Be gentle on me, I’m old and computer savvy but IPhone ignorant !  Shop content = I use the phone in the shop to play music while I’m working on my truck!

john

https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/

Shop-talk at autox.team.net