[Shop-talk] I need IPhone 6s help

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Tue Feb 4 05:50:52 MST 2020

I need IPhone help

Phone is an IPhone 6s

16 gb memory

The phone started telling me I was out of storage space  15.5 of 16 gig used

I moved my pictures to the cloud and deleted a few unused apps.. with no reduction in

Memory used.

I tried deleting apps and reinstalling them as one web page suggested with no change

Somewhere there must be a way to find out why it’s full and how to clear it, right ??

Apps I have

Spotify                 6.73gb

F’book                  256 mb

Messenger          156 mb

Local weather    92 mb
Chrome                88 mb

Verizon cloud     84 mb

Calculator           36 mb

Mail                      21 mb

Safari                    32 mb

Google                 15 mb

I cloud drive`        5 mb

Contacts              4 mb

Calendar              4 mb

Probably another 8-10 with less than 1 mb each

all this adds up to maybe 9-10 gb.  One local “computer fixer”  said I had to completely clear the phone and reinstall the software (for 65 bucks)  Surely there is a better way (less $$$)

Be gentle on me, I’m old and computer savvy but IPhone ignorant !  Shop content = I use the phone in the shop to play music while I’m working on my truck!

john

https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/