[Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:43:54 MDT 2020

THis is a newer version of the meter I own.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JL6LLL/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_uUfqFb3VQKRAG
It has been very reliable for me.  I think it is just about the best value
for the money out there right now.  I have had several of the HF freebies,
all have failed.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 6:24 PM Tom Coradeschi <tjcora at icloud.com> wrote:

> Good evening, all. So, my trusty craftsman multimeter has decided to give
> up the ghost and I’m seeking insights on what I might replace it with.
>
> Looked at the Fluke website, and reminded myself why I bought the
> craftsman in the first place. Not saying the Fluke stuff isn’t rock solid,
> but value for the dollar spent when you’re a casual user really isn’t
> there. Applications are home and automotive in nature.
>
> Basic functionality:
> AC/DC voltage, resistance/continuity are must haves
> thermocouple inputs are a highly rated nice to have
> Autoranging is also a must have
>
> What are folks out there using that you would recommend?
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Tom Coradeschi
> tjcora at icloud.com

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =