[Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Fri Aug 21 17:38:53 MDT 2020

Tom,

Might be out of the price range, but the Power Probe COMES with a
multi-meter that is really good.

If you ever think you might want this unit, now is a good excuse to get it
AND get a free meter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012USP6QW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?

From:   Tom Coradeschi <tjcora at icloud.com>
To:     Shop Talk <Shop-talk at autox.team.net>
Date:   08/21/2020 19:24
Subject:        [Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net>

Good evening, all. So, my trusty craftsman multimeter has decided to give
up the ghost and I’m seeking insights on what I might replace it with.

Looked at the Fluke website, and reminded myself why I bought the
craftsman in the first place. Not saying the Fluke stuff isn’t rock solid,
but value for the dollar spent when you’re a casual user really isn’t
there. Applications are home and automotive in nature.

Basic functionality:
AC/DC voltage, resistance/continuity are must haves
thermocouple inputs are a highly rated nice to have
Autoranging is also a must have

What are folks out there using that you would recommend?

Thanks.

—
Tom Coradeschi
tjcora at icloud.com