[Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations

Tom Coradeschi tjcora at icloud.com
Fri Aug 21 17:24:08 MDT 2020

Good evening, all. So, my trusty craftsman multimeter has decided to give up the ghost and I’m seeking insights on what I might replace it with.

Looked at the Fluke website, and reminded myself why I bought the craftsman in the first place. Not saying the Fluke stuff isn’t rock solid, but value for the dollar spent when you’re a casual user really isn’t there. Applications are home and automotive in nature.

Basic functionality:
AC/DC voltage, resistance/continuity are must haves
thermocouple inputs are a highly rated nice to have
Autoranging is also a must have

What are folks out there using that you would recommend?

Thanks.

—
Tom Coradeschi
tjcora at icloud.com