[Shop-talk] Weber Kettle rotisserie?

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:34:05 MDT 2020

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 7:47 AM DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey at cs.com> wrote:

> I'm on my second 22 inch Weber in 49 years.  Those things are bullet
> proof.

I've never ruined a Smokey Joe, just had them stolen.

> I guess it is a question of how often you will use it.  If the answer is
> "infrequently" then I think you can get similar results grilling over
> indirect heat with frequent turning.  It is more work but not too bad.

I thought the whole point of outdoor cooking is to sit and watch the fire
while drinking beer and occasionally flipping something over.   If you're
sitting in the air conditioning, watching your food on a wireless
thermometer, you ain't doing it right.