[Shop-talk] shop laptop power source

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Tue May 30 09:47:51 MDT 2017

On the recommendation of a friend I purchased a universal power supply with multiple tips as a backup for several laptops I use in the shop.
The concept is good, based on the tip you select, the power supply automatically adjusts the voltage and polarity.

Well my wife is very cautious and asked that I compare the output with her factory charger.
Something about not wanting to brick her laptop...

Well, her factory charger puts out 19.5 and the universal shows 20.5

Close enough...   or    close but no cigar?