[Shop-talk] Bluetooh to RJ-11 phone line adaptor

Peter Murray peterwmurray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:52:53 MDT 2017

For several years, I had a Uniden 5.8GHz cordless system (ELBT-585 -
http://a.co/26oI645) that would pair with my mobile. Coverage was good, but
it didn't quite go as far as I wanted it to. After about 8 years of service
(when it refused to pair with newly-acquired more modern cell phones) that
system was relegated to secondary duty.

I searched for another system that had the same ability to pair to my
mobile - and came up with the Panasonic system I have now:
http://a.co/2serrsd
The range on this DECT system was good, but still didn't quite go as far as
I wanted, so I added two (the maximum allowed by the system) of their DECT
range extenders: http://a.co/bddEqEI

The system can have up to 6 handsets, and will pair with two bluetooth
phones simultaneously. In case of a power outage, the base will use the
handset in its cradle for power, and the base has a USB port for charging
an attached phone. The range extenders seamlessly provide a lot more range.
It all works perfectly for us. It can even pass-through your mobile's
ringtone. Every handset has a very good speakerphone capability as well.

If you can get just enough signal to a range extender that can provide
coverage in your shop, one of these cordless handsets would work fine all
the way from the house to the shop.

-Peter