[Shop-talk] More internet questions

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:13:36 MDT 2017

If it's like my old house, it's easy to run wires because the walls
are devoid of any insulation...

I'd be tempted to put the modem closest to the phone demarcation box
(where it enters the home system) and run new separate telephone
and/or Cat 6 cable from wherever that is to wherever it needs to be,
allowing for ease of installation, distance from needed points, etc.

And if I was only going to be there a year, I'd do a quick & dirty
job, and put my effort into the new house.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.