[Shop-talk] Electrical install questions

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Sat Aug 1 17:51:46 MDT 2015

> parallel with the studs (where that makes sense, of course), and needs
> to be 1 1/4 away from the edge.  If it can't be, it has to be
> protected from nails by a plate,

You mean perpendicular to the stud and if it goes through a hole in the
stud w/o plate it needs to be min 1 1/4 from each face, correct?   You
can have Romex/NM nailed to a stud but you want it to go thru the hole
as horizontally as possible.

Also if my old info is still valid don't want to run parallel with any
low-voltage circuits (Cat5/Cat6 or phone, etc.) within (?) distance so
as not to induce 60Hz interference, want to maintain (12in?) clearance
and cross LV circuits perpendicularly.

John.