[Shop-talk] amazon ..was Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 44

Karl Vacek KVacek at Ameritech.net
Mon Mar 24 16:25:19 MDT 2014

Thanks to all for pushing me to try the return.  I called them and got a
one-time exception to Amazon's 30-day return policy, thanks to a helpful
customer service representative.  The rep told me there may be a restocking
charge, although he said he'd noted on the return approval not to charge me.
Even if they charge me something, it's still better than throwing it out.

I've been a very loyal Amazon Prime customer for years, and have been buying
whatever I can from them for their prices, service, and to save state sales
tax.  However, a bad experience when I sold a book through Amazon a couple
months back has had me in a spitting contest with the seller side of the
company for 6 weeks now, and in that time I have vowed not to buy from them
again.

This at least helps a little.

Thanks again for motivating me !
Karl