[Shop-talk] Jackstand PSA and request for trusted stand brand

Benjamin Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:26:20 MST 2014

It would also be a good idea to report it to the Consumer Product
Safety Commission.   The top left corner of their website
(www.cpsc.gov) has an option to report an unsafe product which sends
you to www.saferproducts.gov.  I searched on jack stands and there
wasn't anything similar, but a case or two on jack failures.  If
there's a trend they can force a recall.  Consumer Reports also takes
action on this kind of thing.

Ben.....