[Nobbc] Speedo

Rod Williams mowog at sonic.net
Thu Mar 25 19:27:18 MST 2010

I've had two MGB speedos calibrated and/or fixed by Palo Alto Speedometer and
they did a good job for OK money. My son used to live just a couple of blocks
from them and with one of the speedos I was able to walk it in. They told me
that the effectiveness of the repair has a lot to do with the condition of the
speedo to begin with. They can only do so much for a reasonable price. I saw a
couple of gauge clusters that they had completely rebuilt for some exotic
vintage Porsches and they said that to really rebuild the whole speedo, like
rebuilding a Swiss watch, was crazy expensive. I saw several Smiths rigs in
various states of disassembly and they are really a simple design but not
really long-term robust. Be glad you're not repairing an 80's BMW speedo.
Gaahhh!
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California