[Nobbc] TRs and big engines

mikestagnaro at comcast.net mikestagnaro at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 22:48:10 MST 2010

Rich,
Glad you liked it.  As an aside to spitfires and my cousin tony; his grandfather, my uncle Bud, was an airforce mechanic in World War II stationed in England who, you guessed it, worked on spitfires, the merlin driven ones. He was a crew chief who took pride in the fact that in three years of war they never had a plane not return home due to mechanical failure.  How I wish I could say that about my A.
  In regards to these mods we're talking about, I hope I'm not offending those who would prefer to see the mark left unblemished.  For me it is a matter of esthetic taste and since like you I can't afford a Ferrari 250 GT or an Astin Martin DBR1, they do set an ideal in design that is very tempting to repeat.  I suppose it's all a matter of opinion.  The trick is to make it look right.
Good luck
Mike