[Nobbc] TRs and big engines

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 14:54:23 MST 2010

Great article Mike, thanks!

B  I have seen one of the recreation cars based on the LeMans Spitfires many
years ago as well as the Group 44 GT-6 at Mid Ohio Raceway. That's where I got
the idea from. I used to have a couple of GT-6s that I wanted to transform but
I didn't quite get there. I guess whatB I want is sort of a cross between that
and a Ferrari California Spyder (inspiration for the hood scoop). I have
always loved the lines of both cars and since there's no way for me to obtain
a '60 California Spyder or a LeMans Spitfire (unless I win the lotto). I
thought I'd come up with something that vaguely resembles both. I made a mock
up of the hood scoopB and it really added to the lines of the car. There's one
other thing I'm looking at changing as well, the plastic bonnet hinge covers.
They don't lookB bad, butB I think there's room for improvement . I know a lot
of purists out there will think I'm nuts, but there's nothing original on my
car any way, even though it looks to be.

Cheers,

Rich