[Nobbc] TRs and big engines

Scott Irwin riprock99 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 10:18:25 MST 2010

Hi Rich,
  The switch I referred to is not the activation switch, but an inhibitor
for all but 3rd and top gear.
It is easy to forget the OD is on and damage is possible.  Is your gearbox a
single or three rail?  The older three rail type with OD have a longer
remote shaft that sticks out forward of the casting, and the inhibitor
switch mounts on a bracket there so it contacts the remote shaft end which
is shaped to only allow for 3rd and top.

 On the 4.11 diff subject, I broke three inner drive shafts using mine with
the 1500 doing things I considered normal driving, like making a tight turn
on a graded driveway etc.  If you do opt for a 3.89, the u-joint flanges on
the rear axles need to be changed for the larger ones, and the spring
mounting may have only four studs for the later swing spring, otherwise it's
a bolt on swap.

Scott