[Nobbc] Need advice

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 06:23:18 MDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the great advice guys. The easy-out that sheered off in the fitting was a reverse thread screw type made by Black & Decker (probably a Chinese special).  I also tried one of the spline types made by Snap-on. The Snap-on tool was not effective either. The brass would just chip away. I think my only option left will be to remove the distributor,  drill out the fitting and re-tap the hole. Of course I will have to flush out the chips and give her an oil change, but I think that is going to be my best option. Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich M