[Mini] Tire sizes

John Lieberman jlieberman37 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 19:22:03 MDT 2019

I think I know the answer to this question before I ask it...but...

The '81 Mini that I imported to the US from England earlier this year
has 165/70R12 tires (or tyres!) on it.  One of them has a slow leak and
another has a split around part of the sidewall.  So I'm looking into
new tires all the way around.  I can get 165/70 Nankangs here in the US
for less than $50 per tire.  But I'd really like to go with 165/60 Yoko
A539s.  However, to do that, I would have to import them from across the
pond and pay considerably more.

If you had a choice between 165/70 and 165/60, which would you choose
for a street-driven car and why?!?

JL

---