[Mgs] 80B, melted white-green wire from ignition switch

h.duinhoven at planet.nl h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Sat May 28 02:43:13 MDT 2022

Hi Steve,

The burnt wire only is a feed to the radio - see this part of the diagram.

It seems, that the radio itself is making a short to ground.

Pity two ignition switches have been damaged by this.

The problem with MGB’s is that many parts of the wiring are poorly protected against short circuits.

Another radio is easy to find I think.

If you want to preserve the radio because of originality, it should be repaired.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT