[Mgs] Turn Signal Stalk

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 12:25:03 MDT 2022

Bought a new turn signal stalk for my 69 MGB GT because the one in the car
does not self cancel.  Turns out it is a little more difficult to replace
than I thought it would be.  To get the column cover off either the dash
comes out or the steering shaft comes out.  The turn signal stalk in the
car now works, but you have to remember to return it to center after the
turn.  It's  not like I am not used to that as I also own a 69 Bugeye with
the original three position lever switch for the turn signals. The Bugeye
has always been non-self canceling turn signals.  The MG sits outside in my
driveway because there are two Austin Healeys and a Harley Davidson in my
two car garage now.  Without garage space to work I don't like that much
disassembly in the driveway.  My HOA frowns on working on your car outside
of the garage anyway.  Guess I'll just have to remember to cancel the turn
signal in the MG for now.
Mike MacLean