[Mgs] Coughing, spitting, and dying

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Apr 22 01:32:08 MDT 2022

The initial problem sounds like insufficient enrichment when cold.
What's the tach doing - steady or jumping around?  Stalling from idle
could be gross fuel starvation, i.e. the same problem, or could be
flooding.  Immediately after it has stalled are the plug wet?  Dry?
Strong fuel smell or what?  In between starting and stalling will it rev up?

Take the fuel line off the carb, direct it into a container, and turn on
the ignition.  An SU pump including on a factory V8 should deliver a
minimum of one Imperial pint per minute and in practice double that in a
continuous series of pulses with minimal bubbling.  I don't know if a
Facet uses pulses or a steady stream.