[Mgs] Turn Signal Stalk

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:28:09 MDT 2022

Mike,
	Rimmer Bros catalogue shows one cowling through GHN 3/4 and GHD 3/4, up to 1969, and another for GHN 5 and GHD 5, 1970-1974.    One notices that 1969 is not shown.
	I believe it’s the one for GHN GHD 5 that fits 1969. I know that it fits my 1972.
	If yours is same as mine, it does come off w/o removing dash or column.  After all the screws are extracted, mine pushes toward the engine about 1/4 inch to disengage from the steering column, then the two pieces will come out individually.
	Once you get visibility in there, R&R of the switch is easy enough.  If you also want to remove ignition and column lock, use a Dremel tool to slot the top of the breakaway “security” screws that hold ignition & column lock on.
	Signal cancelling is done by that clip-on thing that some describe as Cam/Trip.  That bumps onto the two claws of the switch to cancel the signal. Once the new switch is in place, centre that Cam between the two claws.

	Boast of the Day —. In only 3.5 hours, three of us changed windscreen in 1977 Tourer.  Previous windscreen, done two weeks ago, took four guys four hours.  It took only .00006 seconds for a rock to break the nearly-new glass.   A ratchet strap was a great time-saver when settling the rubber and the four metal pieces onto the glass.
Bob