[Mgs] Throttle cable

Thomas Gunderson thgun at comporium.net
Wed Sep 29 16:38:26 MDT 2021

Thanks to the guys that gave me insight on replacing my cable with a bike brake cable. Worked great. I went to a bike shop and the salesman did not wat to sell one to me because I was going to put it on my MGA. Not a bike. ?? He got the owner over and he sold it to me.
 Now I want to replace the throttle return spring. I need to see a picture that shows the spring placement and the lower connection point. I think the last owner put the low spring connection point in the wrong location. The spring got extended because the lower point was under the front carb.
Thanks guys,

Tom Gunderson
 1957 MGA 1500 rst

PS.. I talked to Moss and they gave me the wrong part number. Even when I gave him the location number in the Moss catalog and explained where the spring connected to the carb.

Sent from my iPhone X