[Mgs] 1975 MGB Clutch Hydraulics

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 1 08:16:28 MDT 2021

I cut through the metal part of the clutch  flexible hose with a 4 inch
cut off wheel just below the chassis bracket. I put a 6 point socket on
the lower nut and an open wrench ended on the nut above the chassis
bracket and used my impact driver. Unfortunately the open ended wrench
slipped and  the steel pipe rotated and broke off. I don't think it was
coming off anyway. At least I got the remains of the flexible hose off
and the bracket is clear now.  It could have been a lot worse. I think
the Kroil helped a lot. The threads look ok.

https://mossmotors.com/clutch-system

Removed 19. 21 and 22. Now to replace 33. I have to empty the garage and
lower the MG. I will do that tomorrow when it won't rain on the stuff
outside. I am glad the rusty stuff is removed. Nice to have the impact
driver , 6 point sockets and powerful impact wrench. I used 20 mm
sockets.Probably could have used an AF but 20mm fitted well

Mark