[Mgs] Ride height

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon May 3 09:24:28 MDT 2021

The high rear end after spring replacement is common and is part of the 'too hard' thing needing extra weight in the boot to get the rebound straps fastened.

Personally I wouldn't jack up the front to match the rear, people spend inordinate amounts of time and money trying to lower MGBs!  What you could try is lowering 'blocks' between the axle and the springs, as used with parabolic springs, but may need longer U-bolts.

Even with new OEM rears my CB roadster was too low when fully laden, bottoming and grounding in country lanes, I ended up extending the rear shackles.

  3 years ago I got an MOT safety test fail on the sagged rear springs, so these were replaced.
  From that moment on the car looks a bit like a dragster with the rear higher than the front.

  So I should look for replacement front coils.