[Mgs] New Clutch Slave Cylinder (MGA) problem

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Apr 26 02:02:23 MDT 2021

e-mail signatureTerminology - is it that the biting point has moved?  If it's nearer the floor then there is still air in there.

If it's either in or out with very little travel where you can slip the clutch for manouvering then it could be a narrower bore.  If that's the case then I'd expect more movement than normal at the slave push-rod, which is measurable.  Can't say for the MGA but the MGB is 1/2" to 5/8".  I'd expect a longer throw of the push-rod to result in a higher biting point and a 'heavier' pedal than normal.

  I replaced my leaking clutch slave cylinder on my MGA 1600.  Everything went in fine, and I bled the system with an EZBleed.  The clutch slave works, but now the range in which the clutch engages is very quick and with a short "throw".  The pedal feels like it is meeting pressure as in the days before the replacement, but there is no "ride" on the clutch.  What can cause this and what is the solution?