[Mgs] B/GT electrical problems

S.Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Fri Apr 9 09:29:59 MDT 2021

#1 – tachometer – after working sporadically, the tach in my ’71 B/GT has finally quit completely.
#2 – temperature gauge – until we started it up this spring, the gauge has never been above “N” (except for one long uphill crawl with a loose fan belt).  Now, after only a few minutes at idle, it went rapidly to “H”.

Would either of these problems be due to a problem with the gauge voltage stabilizer?  The wiring diagram shows wires going from both of these gauges to the stabilizer.  I have a vague memory of having a stabilizer fail years ago, and some of the gauges not working thereafter, but I don’t remember which ones it was.  Wisdom of the List?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Carr
’71 B/GT in PA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10