[Mgs] Interior light

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Sep 11 09:03:31 MDT 2020

According to WSM drawings and Clausager roadsters got a boot light and GTs a loadspace light for the 1971 model year.  That began in August 70 so some cars built from then to the end of the year should have it.

AFAIK on GTs it was always screwed to the rear cant rail just in front of the hatch opening, with a hatch switch providing the earth in the upper right-hand corner as you look at the back of the car from outside.  The 12v supply came from a purple wire in the rear harness, that goes up behind the right-hand C-post trim panel.

If you Google something like 'MGB rear cant rail' or headlining you should find some pictures.

PaulH.

BTW, the MGB V8 list is no more.