[Mgs] Seat Belts

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Wed Sep 2 16:12:38 MDT 2020

It is a spam/scam message, did not come from me.   And it is not my
contacts list being hacked, because I dont have one.  All of ny
contact information is in a separate text file that has no connection
to the internet or to my email client software.

There has been a rash of this type of spam  e-mails on the internet
in the last couple of weeks with a web link or attachment, looking
like it came from a friend when it didn't.  This appears to me like
the spammer is copying a legitimate email message, then sending a
spam message to the same recipient while using the original sender's
name and address in the From line. It commonly says something
mysterious like, "This is in follow-up to our prior conversation",
and "Click here".  If you don't understand it, dont click.  Contact
your frield to see if it really came from him.