[Mgs] Siphoning Gas

Dan DiBiase dan.dibiase at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:01:11 MDT 2020

Hi all.... My '76B, which was off the road for 5 years, was recently
returned to me from the shop. They added some new gas but did not siphon
out the 5 year old gas (which was just under 1/2 tank when I had it towed
in. The car is running pretty rough so I want to siphon out most of the gas
before I fill it up. It is currently showing as just under 1/2 tank, so
around 6 gallons or a little less (assuming gauge accuracy).

I was able to pump out about 2 gallons but am wondering if the interior of
the tank is baffled, as I can't seem to move the hose beyond a certain area
and it's not sucking up any additional gas. Would really like to remove a
couple more gallons before I fill it up.

Thx,

Dan D
'76B-  Getting There
'65B - Waiting It's Turn