[Mgs] Slow cranking, was Siphoning Gas

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Nov 16 01:30:11 MST 2020

New stuff definitely not as good as old, especially anything with rubber in it.  As far as white goods barely lasting the warranty period 'planned obsolescence' was a term that became current decades ago.  My Mum only ever had one vacuum cleaner that I first became aware of in the 50s, also an Electrolux, she said it had been the most powerful one on the market.  It may have sucked well 50 years previously but couldn't compare with a Bosch for example today, what her cleaner thought of it I don't know.  When she died a few years ago I sold it to a collector, still had all the accessories, even the original rubber mains cable!

     Similarly, the old Electrolux motor. Apparently there are no motors to be had, so I bought a new one vacuum cleaner, another Electrolux. Shop owner was son of the shop founder. He advised to not expect 45 years of service from the new one.  Some might say that sucks.