[Mgs] Grill

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue May 19 10:12:57 MDT 2020

I took my pocket knife and scraped the paint out of one of the holes down to bare metal.  The blind retainer was still too big for the hole.  The label on the plastic bag that Moss sent says the retainer is 0.187 OD.  Do these come in different sizes?Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 8:07 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs<mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:    Funnily enough the Parts catalogue states blind retainers throughout, even though I had clips fitted from underneath on both my 73 and 75.  The 73 did already have the blind fixings for the 'MGB' on the boot lid.  Fitting them to a new body is obviously going to be different to 50 years down the line and who know how many repaints, which is why I drilled mine out beforehand.  The pins on my replacement grilles are the same size as the ones that came off. PaulH.
 ----- Original Message -----  OK, I went out to the car to try it your way Max.  Those friction retainers are to large of a diameter to push down into the holes in the hood.  The holes in the hood are just big enough to fit the oins on the grill.  I am not in favor of drilling those holes out.  It must have worked somehow differently from the factory.  Maybe it's  a replacement grill and the pins are oversize.

Mgs at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75