[Mgs] Grill

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue May 19 08:47:52 MDT 2020

Funnily enough the Parts catalogue states blind retainers throughout, even though I had clips fitted from underneath on both my 73 and 75.  The 73 did already have the blind fixings for the 'MGB' on the boot lid.  Fitting them to a new body is obviously going to be different to 50 years down the line and who know how many repaints, which is why I drilled mine out beforehand.  The pins on my replacement grilles are the same size as the ones that came off.

  OK, I went out to the car to try it your way Max.  Those friction retainers are to large of a diameter to push down into the holes in the hood.  The holes in the hood are just big enough to fit the oins on the grill.  I am not in favor of drilling those holes out.  It must have worked somehow differently from the factory.  Maybe it's  a replacement grill and the pins are oversize.