[Mgs] T-series work

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sun May 3 06:35:13 MDT 2020

Hello again friends,
   I have decided to do a bit more maintenance work on my MG TD before
driving it much. The reason for this decision is because of two sounds.
There is a 'shhhhh' kind of sound coming from either the water pump or the
generator. It's the sound a dry bushing or bearing makes before the
squealing begins...maybe. The second sound is more typical. Valve lash
chatter.
   The second noise is an indication of needed routine maintenance. The
former hints at a needed repair. Both issues will be addressed...if after
the 308GTB work and before the 1800E arrives.

Rick