[Mgs] T-series work

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sun May 3 08:21:32 MDT 2020

   Thank you Bob. Great to know on all fronts. Regarding valves, generators
and pumps,
   A bit more valve clearance is typical of racing cams. Doing so is a
little noisy but despite a few mils less valve lift and an all but
unmeasurable timing delay, the valves 'snap' open faster. Cam wear can may
be accelerated. All of the above is a bit more applicable to direct action
overhead cam designs. But you know this.
   Bob's sage advice has encouraged me to un-mount the generator for a
rebuild. I knew about the looser drive belt tension since that advice is
true even for later model cars with alternators. Lateral stress on the
bushings is minimized. And you know that too.
   I replaced the waterpump when I rebuilt the engine a few years ago.

Thanks again Bob,

Rick