[Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

Douglas McKinnie d.mckinnie at usa.net
Wed Aug 19 16:07:01 MDT 2020

Update: Mine had no angle-drive at the speedo, just an angle drive on the
transmission end.

 I just had feet of "inner" cable attached to the speedo and unwilling to come
away from it.

Following advice here and elsewhere, I grabbed the cable with pliers and
wiggled and pulled and it did come loose!

Now it is reinstalled with a new cable, no angle drive at either end.
Unfortunately, although the odometer and trip meter work fine now, the speed
needle is very steady at "0" regardless of the speed of the car. It did work
fine being spun by an anticlockwise drill with the old cable, so I fear that
my wiggle-and-pull extra force routine has done some damage internal to the
speedo.

More research, more thinking!