[Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Wed Aug 19 16:13:52 MDT 2020

I’m afraid your speedometer is damaged. If the cable protrudes too far into the instrument, it will damage the whatchamacallit, and in your case it seems to have happened — actually being stuck is a pretty good indication it went in too far.

BTW this may have been the result of not having the proper washer on the other end of the cable. But on MGEXP there have been reports of new cables that are too long, as well.

Anyway, I don't think this is a home fix. Here are some resources:

Palo Alto Speedometer
Nissonger
Mo-Ma Instruments

--