[Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Aug 19 01:59:06 MDT 2020

I take it you mean the inner of the right-angle drive is stuck in the speedo?  No experience of those but where the cable goes direct into the speedo it's just a loose-fitting square drive.

You may already know this but the routing on LHD cars did change at various times from going across the car behind the dash and needing a right-angle drive, to going across in the engine compartment then straight through the bulkhead into the back of the speedo i.e. no right-angle drive.

  I've got the speedometer out of the dash and out of the car, but the "inner" of the speedo cable is still very securely attached to the speedometer, and tugging on it with pliers doesn't seem to budge it at all.