[Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Thu May 9 10:53:42 MDT 2019

All probably true, certainly the thermostat. I wonder if opening the block
drain while flushing would help clear debris? The maximum safe cooling
needed during a flush, with a running engine, would be the head.

My interest in this topic, beyond the academic value, is that I am about to
start a '75 Triumph TR6 that certainly has rust scale in the block (and
head). The radiator has been reverse flushed and flows cleanly in both
directions. I don't want to plug it up so I will do 'something'. Hummm...

Rick