[Mgs] Silly error.

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:51:00 MDT 2019

Hi Friends,
   My TR6 rebuilt engine leaks coolant. Okay, its not an MG but the issue
is universal. Here's the short story.
   When reassembling the waterpump I made a newbie error. I got in a hurry
and left out two bolts, some of the bolts that hold the pump body to the
head. The coolant leak is through one of those bolt holes. The threaded
hole drilling entered the head's water jacket and of course, leaks.
   I now have new bolts and I will apply sealant to the threads and place
fiber sealing washers under the bolt heads. Doing so hopefully completes
the engine rebuild. I can then get back to replacing the top on my MG TD.

Rick